Agree or Disagree?
A list of the 10 Best Country Songs of the current decade is topped by Little Big Town’s 2014 hit, “Girl Crush”. It’s followed by Sam Hunt’s 2017 smash “Body Like A Back Road” and Miranda Lambert’s 2010 classic “The House That Built Me“.
1. “Girl Crush”, Little Big Town (2014) – There was some confusion and controversy about what the song meant . . . but everyone kind of forgot about that when it became a huge hit!
2. “Body Like a Back Road”, Sam Hunt (2017) – It was THE song of 2017, spending 34 weeks at the top of the Hot Country Songs chart.
3. “The House That Built Me”, Miranda Lambert (2010) – It was her first Number One on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, and it won her a Grammy, two CMAs, and three ACMs.
4. “You Should Be Here”, Cole Swindell (2015) – It’s a tribute to his late father, and it’s become an “anthem for others who have experienced personal loss.”
5. “Springsteen”, Eric Church (2012) – It was inspired by a girl he took to a Springsteen show, and also how he reveres the way The Boss has built his career.
6. “Die a Happy Man”, Thomas Rhett (2015) – A hit song about a happy marriage. Imagine that.
7. “Humble and Kind”, Tim McGraw (2016) – Tim didn’t write it, but he made it his. It won a Grammy, a CMA Award, an American Music Award, and a CMT Award.
8. “Something In the Water”, Carrie Underwood (2014) – The spiritual theme helped earn it a Grammy, a Billboard Music Award for Top Christian Song, and two Inspirational Country Music Awards.
9. “Nobody to Blame”, Chris Stapleton (2015) – It was his first Top 10 hit, and was one of the reasons people finally started noticing his amazing talent.
10. “That’s My Kind of Night”, Luke Bryan (2013) – It stayed at the top of the charts for 11 consecutive weeks!