Know the Georgia Driving Laws
• Those driving with an Instructional or Learners permit in Georgia can only operate a vehicle when accompanied by a licensed adult 21 years or age or older in the front seat.
• Teens between 16 and 18 years of age who have held an Instructional Permit for 12 months and passed a driving test can get an Intermediate License.
• Teens driving with an Intermediate License cannot drive between the hours of 12:00am and 6:00 am, there are no exceptions.
• The first six-months after getting an Intermediate License, other than immediate family, teens can only
have one other passenger in the vehicle younger than 21.
• The second six-months after getting an Intermediate License, other than immediate family, teens cannot
have more than three other passengers under 21 in the vehicle.
• Teens who miss 10 or more unexcused school days in the current or previous academic year will have their
drivers license suspended.
• Teens under 17 must complete a classroom or online driver’s education course before they can get an Intermediate License.